Activity Assistant II (Link to Apply)
North Dakota Developmental Center
Location: Grafton, ND
Salary: $11.03 – $14.70 per hour
Closing Date: February 7, 2011
Position Number: 325-310-2178
Requisition Number: 297448
Status: Part-time, Regular (50% FTE, WITH BENEFITS)
Type of Recruitment: Internal/External
Date Posted to Web: January 21, 2011
Requires high school diploma or GED, a valid driver’s license and two years of work experience related to the care of clients/patients in a treatment or teaching environment. Experience in recreation services or the fitness industry preferred.
If unable to find qualified candidates, will consider underfilling as an Activity Assistant I (3108), which requires high school diploma or GED and one year of work experience related to the care of clients/patients in a treatment or teaching environment.
- Complete a State of ND Application for Employment (SFN 10950). Access application form at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html or hard copy from any ND Job Service Office.
- Please include the position # and requisition # on your application. Also, provide details in the employment history sections of the application form on how your education, experience and skills will qualify you for this position. Supplemental information such as a cover letter and resume may be included, but the initial review and score will be based on the information provided on SFN 10950.
- The Department’s Human Resource Division staff will score applications against the minimum qualifications and preferences listed on the job announcement and qualifying military service. After the scoring is completed, a certified list of eligible candidates and the applications will be forwarded to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview, based on the final scores.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- All application material must be received on or before the closing date at the following address:
Human Resource Division
Department of Human Services
600 East Boulevard Avenue Dept 325
Bismarck ND 58505-0250
Fax: 701-328-1927; e-mail: email@example.com
For More Information, Assistance or Accommodation Contact: Julie Lind Kosmatka, Administrative Assistant
Employing Unit: ND Developmental Center
Section: Collette Fitness Center
Telephone Number: 701-352-4284
TTY Number: ND Relay Service 1-800-366-6888 (text); 1-800-366-6889 (voice)
Summary of Work:
Will assist in the daily operation and management of Collette Fitness Center including phone, computer, and cash handling skills. Will instruct fitness classes for community members as well as facilitate recreation programs for DC individuals. This includes classes/programs in the swimming pool, training will be provided.
Work Shift: Rotating shifts – schedule may vary to meet department needs.
The ND Department of Human Services offers challenging work opportunities, a full range of employee benefits, including a comprehensive employer-paid health plan, paid leave, a retirement plan, flexible work hours, and more. For more information, contact our website at: http://www.nd.gov/dhs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The state of North Dakota does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.